Participant eligibility includes age, gender, type and stage of disease, and previous treatments or health concerns. Guidelines differ from study to study, and identify who can or cannot participate. If you need assistance understanding the eligibility criteria, please contact the study team.See eligibility criteria
- Eligible Provider Participants:
- Must be part of Community Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine (CPAM) or Family Medicine departments.
- Must be either a physician, nurse practitioner or physician assistant and have some experience working with an adolescent population.
- Eligible Adolescent Participants:
- Must either have a history of a restrictive eating disorder (defined as having some degree of weight loss as a symptom), which is currently in remission, and for which they received successful FBT treatment, or currently be enrolled in FBT treatment for a restrictive eating disorder, but have non-impairing symptoms (e.g. be in stage 2 or 3 of FBT treatment).
- Eating disorder status will be determined through consultation with referring provider.
- Eligible Parent Participants:
- Must have a child with a history of a restrictive eating disorder (defined as having some degree of weight loss as a symptom), which is currently in remission, and for which the family received successful FBT treatment.
- No exclusion criteria for provider participants.
- Adolescent and parent participants will be excluded if they/their child have an active and impairing eating disorder.
- In the event a participant/ participant’s child is determined to have an active and impairing eating disorder the family will be referred to IBH services, or specialty care services as needed.