Health Benefits of Pulsed Electromagnetic Field Therapy using Bioboosti
About this study
While the potential clinical uses of pulsed electromagnetic field therapy (PEMF) are extensive, we are focusing on the potential benefits of PEMF on vascular health. We are targeting, the pre diabetic - metabolic syndrome population, a group with high prevalence in the American population. This population tends to be overweight, low fitness, high blood pressure, high triglycerides and borderline high blood glucose.
Participant eligibility includes age, gender, type and stage of disease, and previous treatments or health concerns. Guidelines differ from study to study, and identify who can or cannot participate. If you need assistance understanding the eligibility criteria, please contact the study team.See eligibility criteria
- Individuals diagnosed or with risk factors of metabolic syndrome (i.e., diabetes mellitus, high blood pressure, hypercholesterolemia, hyperglycemia and hyperlipidemia)
- No history of heart and lung disease
- Individuals who have participated in a regular exercise program
- Individuals who do not have any of risk factors
- Females who are pregnant, or considering becoming pregnant in the upcoming year
Participating Mayo Clinic locations
Study statuses change often. Please contact us for help.
|Mayo Clinic Location
Mayo Clinic principal investigator
Bruce Johnson, Ph.D.
Closed for enrollment