A Study for RNA (Genetic) Analysis in Adult Patients with Eosinophilic Esophagitis
About this study
The purpose of this study is to perform RNA (genetic) sequencing on biopsies taken from the esophagus of adult patients who have active eosinophilic esophagitis, and look for potential therapeutic targets.
Participant eligibility includes age, gender, type and stage of disease, and previous treatments or health concerns. Guidelines differ from study to study, and identify who can or cannot participate. If you need assistance understanding the eligibility criteria, please contact the study team.See eligibility criteria
- Adult patients older than 18 years
- There will be three equal sized study groups
- Normal controls
- Patients with active Eosinophilic Esophagitis
- Patients with active Eosinophilic Esophagitis who have been treated with steroids with improvement in symptoms
- Biopsies will be taken from mid and distal esophagus from those patients with Eosinophilic Esophagitis
Participating Mayo Clinic locations
Study statuses change often. Please contact us for help.
|Mayo Clinic Location
Mayo Clinic principal investigator
David Katzka, M.D.
Closed for enrollment