Participant eligibility includes age, gender, type and stage of disease, and previous treatments or health concerns. Guidelines differ from study to study, and identify who can or cannot participate. If you need assistance understanding the eligibility criteria, please contact the study team.See eligibility criteria
- Adults between (and including) 18-65 years old.
- On a baseline healthy diet characterized by:
- High fiber of ≥ 14 g/1000 calories/day
- < 10% of daily calories from added sugar
- At least 5 servings of fruit and vegetables per day
- < or = 13% of daily calories from saturated fat
- Patients who do not meet the above diet requirements.
- Known diagnosis of inflammatory bowel disease, microscopic colitis, celiac disease or other inflammatory conditions.
- Presence of abdominal symptoms based on baseline questionnaire.
- Commercial oral antibiotic or probiotic use within the past 4 weeks.
- Pregnancy or plans to become pregnant within the study time frame
- Vulnerable adults
- Any other disease(s), condition(s) or habit(s) that would interfere with completion of study, or in the judgment of the investigator would potentially interfere with compliance to this study or would adversely affect study outcomes.