A Study of Advanced MR Imaging in Sarcoma Patients
Tab Title Description
Describes the nature of a clinical study. Types include:
- Observational study — observes people and measures outcomes without affecting results.
- Interventional study (clinical trial) — studies new tests, treatments, drugs, surgical procedures or devices.
- Medical records research — uses historical information collected from medical records of large groups of people to study how diseases progress and which treatments and surgeries work best.
- Rochester, Minnesota: 15-005622
NCT ID: NCT02705391
Sponsor Protocol Number: 15-005622
About this study
The purpose of this study is to compare the clinical application of two emerging magnetic resonance (MR) imaging modalities which Mayo Clinic has the technical capability of using, by adding them at the same time that standard imaging is done for patients receiving treatment for Ewing Sarcoma , Rhabdomyosarcoma and soft tissue sarcoma.
Participant eligibility includes age, gender, type and stage of disease, and previous treatments or health concerns. Guidelines differ from study to study, and identify who can or cannot participate. There is no guarantee that every individual who qualifies and wants to participate in a trial will be enrolled. Contact the study team to discuss study eligibility and potential participation.
- Age ≥ 7 years
- Histological confirmation of newly diagnosed localized or newly diagnosed with metastatic Ewing Sarcoma, Rhabdomyosarcoma or Soft tissue Sarcoma
- Tumors > 5 cm in diameter
- Planning to receive RT or surgery with or without adjuvant radiotherapy (RT) at Mayo Clinic Rochester
- Provide informed written consent if ≥ 18 years. If < 18 years, provide informed written assent and parent or legal guardian provide informed written consent
- Patients must have measurable disease as defined in Section 11.0
- Willingness to participate in mandatory imaging studies at Mayo Clinic Rochester
- Baseline MRE information deemed as acceptable for assessment
- Baseline perfusion MRI deemed as acceptable for assessment
- Co-morbid conditions that would result in expected survival to be less than 5 years
Participating Mayo Clinic locations
Study statuses change often. Please contact the study team for the most up-to-date information regarding possible participation.
|Mayo Clinic Location
Mayo Clinic principal investigator
Deanna Pafundi, Ph.D.
Open for enrollment
Cancer Center Clinical Trials Referral Office
Publications are currently not available
Study Results Summary
Not yet available
Supplemental Study Information
Not yet available