Participant eligibility includes age, gender, type and stage of disease, and previous treatments or health concerns. Guidelines differ from study to study, and identify who can or cannot participate. If you need assistance understanding the eligibility criteria, please contact the study team.See eligibility criteria
- Diagnosed with Eosinophilic Esophagitis > than 15 Eos phf and failed to respond to the PPI therapy.
- Going through the six food elimination diet or have just completed elimination of the six foods: fish, nuts, eggs, soy, wheat, and milk.
- Patients that have completed the six food elimination diet clinically and none of the foods were identified as being the food causing their EoE.
- Clinical evidence of infectious process potentially contributing to dysphagia ( candidiasis, CMV, herpes).
- Other cause of dysphagia identified at endoscopy (e.g. reflux esophagitis, stricture, web, ring, achalasia, esophageal neoplasm).
- Esophageal minimal diameter < 13 mm on structured barium esophagram.