Participant eligibility includes age, gender, type and stage of disease, and previous treatments or health concerns. Guidelines differ from study to study, and identify who can or cannot participate. If you need assistance understanding the eligibility criteria, please contact the study team.See eligibility criteria
- Adult (≥18 years) conventional renal transplant recipient.
- Patients who have given informed consent and are willing to comply with the protocol.
- ABO incompatible kidney transplants.
- Positive crossmatch kidney transplants (T cell crossmatch >100, B flow cytometric crossmatch >150).
- Simultaneous kidney and extra-renal organ transplants including pancreas, liver, heart, lung, etc. Subjects who had previous extra renal transplants may be included in the study.
- Patients taking chronic anticoagulation, which includes Coumadin, Plavix and any type of heparin. Aspirin is acceptable but must be stopped 5 days prior to the renal biopsy.
- An inability to have the 1-year renal biopsy performed within the acceptable protocol window (Months 11-14 [Days 301-420] post transplant).