At Mayo Clinic School of Medicine, you learn from the best. U.S. News & World Report ranks Mayo Clinic as the best hospital overall and No. 1 in more specialties than any other hospital in the nation.
Mayo Clinic School of Medicine's 3.4:1 full-time faculty-to-student ratio is one of the highest in the country. Beyond full-time faculty, students have unparalleled access to more than 3,700 other Mayo Clinic clinicians and researchers across all three campuses. Mentorship, collaboration and accessibility are ingrained in Mayo Clinic's culture, and small class sizes encourage you to form close working relationships with world-renowned experts.
In addition to clinical training, you'll learn the principles and practice of biomedical research and explore areas of scientific interest alongside experienced investigators. Mayo Clinic School of Medicine is a national leader in incorporating the science of health care delivery into our curriculum.
We're also recognized by U.S. News & World Report as one of the 10 most affordable private medical schools nationwide. Graduates carry far lower debt loads than the national average, while enjoying one of the highest residency match rates — nearly 100 percent, with almost 75 percent of students receiving their first choice.
Our M.D. Program allows you to choose from options at any of Mayo's three campuses.
- There are 46 students in the 2018 incoming class.
- Join more than 34,000 care providers and staff at one of the largest medical centers in the world. Our faculty leads the field in virtually all medical and surgical specialties.
- You can complete clerkships and electives at the Arizona and Florida campuses.
- Rochester offers four seasons of recreation, dining and music in an affordable, family-oriented city — Livability ranked it No. 1 in its 2017 ranking of the Top 100 Best Places to Live. More cultural and recreational choices are only 75 minutes away in Minneapolis and St. Paul.
- There are 50 students in the 2018 incoming class on our new medical school campus.
- Clinical learning at Mayo Clinic Hospital in Phoenix, the No. 1 ranked hospital in Arizona.
- Nearly 600 physicians and scientists represent more than 65 specialties.
- You can do rotations at Mayo's Florida and Minnesota campuses.
- The Phoenix area offers pro sports, dining, nightlife, music and arts. With more than 300 sunny days a year, enjoy hiking, biking, fishing and golf.
- Eight students are accepted annually into the Florida FOCUS (2+2) track, with two years on the Minnesota or Arizona campus followed by two years on the Florida campus.
- Mayo Clinic's campus in Jacksonville is known for excellence in neuroscience, cancer, global health and health disparities. It has the nation's leading liver transplant program.
- Approximately 5,500 Mayo Clinic care providers and staff represent more than 40 specialties.
- Jacksonville's population has an average age of 35. There's a vibrant arts scene, family activities, professional sports, jazz festivals and 90 miles of beaches.
Aug. 22, 2018