You must be enrolled in an affiliated medical laboratory science program through the University of North Florida, Auburn University at Montgomery or Armstrong State University to be eligible to begin the Medical Laboratory Science Clinical Rotation.
Students must successfully complete the required coursework before they are eligible to complete their clinical rotation at Mayo Clinic.
Qualified candidates typically have these characteristics:
- Aptitude for the basic sciences, computers and instrumentation
- Ability to work quickly and carefully
- Self-sufficient, precise and thorough
- Ability to maintain emotional stability under pressure
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Prospective students are responsible for securing a clinical laboratory technician trainee license prior to their clinical rotation. The registration form can be obtained from the Florida Department of Health's Board of Clinical Laboratory Personnel.
Non-U.S. citizen applicants
See the Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences non-U.S. citizen applicants policy.
See further Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences admissions policy information.
July 20, 2016