Three positions are available on a competitive basis each year in the Colon and Rectal Surgery Residency at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota.
How to apply
The application and all supporting documentation must be submitted by Aug. 15 of the year preceding the program start date. The academic year begins Aug. 1.
You must apply through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS).
- Visit the ERAS website. All applications to Mayo Clinic School of Graduate Medical Education programs must include the following application materials:
- Photograph of yourself
- Official medical school transcripts
- A valid Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) certificate (some Canadian medical schools)
- Medical school performance evaluation (MSPE) — "dean's letter"
- Official test transcripts for all applicable examinations (USMLE, ABSITE, LMCC, COMLEX, NBOME, FMGEMS, FLEX or NBME)
- USMLE steps 1, 2 CK, 2 CS and 3 (a composite score of ≥ 201 is required)
- A program director's letter of recommendation
- At least two other letters of recommendation, in addition to the program director's letter
- A curriculum vitae
- A personal statement
- Appointments are made through the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP). Candidates must register through the NRMP website in addition to applying through ERAS.
- Applicants considered for an appointment will be invited to visit Mayo Clinic for a personal interview with the program director and selected faculty. Interviews are scheduled on a case-by-case basis each year.
June 29, 2017