Mayo Clinic School of Graduate Medical Education provides orientation for more than 400 incoming residents and fellows each year.
Business formal attire is required to attend orientation:
- Men. Suit, sport coat, dress pants, dress shirt and tie, sweater.
- Women. Suit, blazer or jacket, dress pants or skirt, dress, blouse or shirt, sweater.
Three sessions are scheduled for 2018:
- Session 1 — June 18: This session is for trainees in anatomic and clinical pathology, dental specialties, emergency medicine, family medicine (Rochester, Minnesota, and La Crosse, Wisconsin), general surgery, internal medicine, neurologic surgery, oral and maxillofacial surgery, orthopedic surgery, otolaryngology, pediatric and adolescent medicine, plastic surgery-integrated, preliminary internal medicine, preliminary surgery, preliminary surgery (urology), obstetrics and gynecology, psychiatry and vascular surgery-integrated.
- Session 2 — July 2: This session is for trainees in anesthesiology, dermatology, family medicine (Eau Claire, Wisconsin), neurology, physical medicine and rehabilitation, ophthalmology, radiation oncology and radiology, and fellowship programs with July 1 start dates.
- Session 3 — July 25: This session is for fellows in abdominal transplantation, breast oncology, colon and rectal surgery, endocrine surgery, glaucoma, hepatopancreatobiliary surgery, minimally invasive surgery, orthopedic surgery fellowships (adult reconstruction-lower, adult reconstruction-upper, hand surgery, musculoskeletal oncology, orthopedics-sports medicine, spine fellowship-orthopedics), surgical critical care and other off-cycle trainees.
- Pediatric fellowships with a start date of July 5 will complete a brief orientation with the program on July 5 and will attend Session 3.
- Ophthalmology fellowships will start and complete a brief orientation with the program on July 9 and will attend Session 3.
Refer to your welcome email or appointment letter for details on which session to attend. Direct orientation questions to your graduate medical education (GME) specialist, who is listed in your welcome email and can also be found on the contact page.
Feb. 02, 2018