As indicated in your onboarding email, you will complete a number of onboarding requirements via MedHub, our residency management system. Contact your graduate medical education (GME) specialist if you have any questions about the required forms.
Before arriving for orientation
- Contact Provider Enrollment by May 15.
- Complete licensure requirements. Start working on the medical or dental licensure process as soon as possible.
- Complete national and state background studies. You will receive an email with more details at a future date. All trainees must pass a national and state background check before seeing patients.
- Inform us about special needs. If you have special needs, such as a sign language interpreter, lactation room or wheelchair access or dietary needs, please contact us.
Before the first day of orientation, bring the following items to Human Resources, Ozmun East Building, Lobby Level reception desk. Ozmun East is one block west of the Mayo Building on Second Street SW. View a campus map.
- Employment eligibility. Provide proof of your legal right to work:
- Print the I-9 Employment Eligibility form.
- Complete only section 1 (page 1).
- Present the I-9 Employment Eligibility form along with applicable documents that establish identification and employment authorization to Human Resources. Refer to page 4 for a list of acceptable documents.
- Social Security card. Present your original Social Security card to Human Resources. If you have a Social Security number but have misplaced your card, or need to update it due to a name change, see these guidelines.
- International residents and fellows without Social Security numbers should wait for direction from the Legal Department-Immigration Specialist Team (IST) regarding the application for a Social Security card at your assigned Mayo Clinic School of Graduate Medical Education orientation. Upon receipt of your original card, you are required to present it to Human Resources.
Additional appointment information
Feb. 02, 2018