All Ph.D. Program candidates must fulfill the following requirements for eligibility:
- A baccalaureate degree, preferably in the biological or physical sciences, must be obtained from an accredited institution. An accumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale is necessary. Certification of the degree is required.
- The GRE General Test is required. Applicants must submit a copy of their GRE test report. The subject test is not required. The MCAT examination may be substituted for GRE.
Undergraduate coursework expectations:
- Applicants are expected to have completed one year of coursework with demonstrated competence (B average or above) in biology, chemistry, physics and calculus.
- Additional coursework in biochemistry, molecular biology, cell biology and physiology is encouraged.
- Applicants for the Biomedical Engineering Program are encouraged to have courses in quantitative science and engineering (e.g., signal processing, computer science, instrumentation).
Please note that undergraduate courses are not available at Mayo Clinic Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences.
May 02, 2018