Institutional Short-term Research Training for Students of Diversity
Horazdovsky, Bruce F., Ph.D.
This summer research program at Mayo Clinic provides exciting research opportunities for undergraduate and medical students from underrepresented and disadvantaged backgrounds; or who are disabled.
The faculty team positively influences underrepresented students toward research careers by providing them with a glimpse of the excitement and rewards associated with research.
The primary activity continues to be participation in intense 8 to 10 weeks of mentored laboratory or clinical research, especially in the fields of cardiovascular, pulmonary, and hematological diseases.
A series of carefully designed, organized activities gives a broader perspective than any single research mentor can provide.
- Amadio, Peter C., M.D.
- Badley, Andrew D., M.D.
- Brozovich, Frank V., M.D., Ph.D.
- Burghardt, Thomas P., Ph.D.
- Chini, Eduardo N., M.D., Ph.D.
- Hayes, Sharonne N., M.D.
- Heit, John A., M.D.
- Horazdovsky, Bruce F., Ph.D.
- Hubmayr, Rolf D., M.D.
- Isaya, Grazia, M.D., Ph.D.
- Jelinek, Diane F., Ph.D.
- Johnson, Bruce D., Ph.D.
- Katusic, Zvonimir S., M.D., Ph.D.
- Kaufmann, Scott H., M.D., Ph.D.
- Leof, Edward B., Ph.D.
- Lerman, Amir, M.D.
- Lerman, Lilach O., M.D., Ph.D.
- Medina, Kay L., Ph.D.
- Miller, Virginia M., Ph.D.
- Nyberg, Scott L., M.D., Ph.D.
- Pease, Larry R., Ph.D.
- Ramirez Alvarado, Marina, Ph.D.
- Riederer, Stephen J., Ph.D.
- Robb, Richard A., Ph.D.
- Rodriguez, Moses, M.D.
- Sieck, Gary C., Ph.D.
- Simari, Robert D., M.D.
- Somers, Virend, M.D., Ph.D.
- Weinshilboum, Richard, M.D.
- Xu, Xiaolei, Ph.D.