Digestive Diseases, Multidisciplinary Training
Shah, Vijay M.D.
This training program allows the trainee to pursue a focused research experience within digestive diseases, broadly encompassing projects relative to cell biology, molecular biology, physiology, or human investigations.
Trainees can pursue their studies for a period of 2-3 years under salary support from NIH.
A mentorship committee is provided for each trainee in addition to close interactions with their science mentor and the program directors. The goal of the program is to train individuals for an independent career in the investigation of digestive diseases.
- Ackerman, Michael J. M.D., Ph.D.
- Bharucha, Adil E. M.D., M.B.B.S.
- Billadeau, Daniel D. Ph.D.
- Bram, Richard J. M.D., Ph.D.
- Buttar, Navtej (Nav) S. M.D.
- Camilleri, Michael M.D.
- Chari, Suresh T. M.D.
- Diasio, Robert B. M.D.
- El-Youssef, Mounif M.D.
- Farrugia, Gianrico M.D.
- Fernandez-Zapico, Martin E. M.D.
- Foxx-Orenstein, Amy E. D.O.
- Gores, Gregory J. M.D.
- Kamath, Patrick S. M.D.
- Kaufmann, Scott H. M.D., Ph.D.
- LaRusso, Nicholas F. M.D.
- Lazaridis, Konstantinos N. M.D.
- Limburg, Paul J. M.D.
- McNiven, Mark A. Ph.D.
- Melton, L. Joseph. III M.D.
- Mukhopadhyay, Debabrata (Dev) Ph.D.
- Murray, Joseph A. M.D.
- Nair, K Sreekumaran M.D., Ph.D.
- Nyberg, Scott L. M.D., Ph.D.
- Ordog, Tamas M.D.
- Pardi, Darrell S. M.D.
- Peng, Kah Whye Ph.D.
- Petersen, Gloria M. Ph.D.
- Roberts, Lewis R. M.B., Ch.B., Ph.D.
- Shah, Vijay M.D.
- Sinicrope, Frank A. M.D.
- Szurszewski, Joseph H. Ph.D.
- Urrutia, Raul A. M.D.
- Wang, Kenneth K. M.D.
Predoctoral appointees must have received a baccalaureate degree by the beginning date of their NRSA appointment, and be enrolled in Mayo's program leading to a Ph.D. in science.
Postdoctoral appointees must have received, as of the beginning date of the NRSA appointment, a Ph.D., M.D. or comparable doctoral degree. Appointees must also be a citizen or non-citizen national of the United States or must have been legally admitted as a permanent resident.