Institutional Short-Term Research Training for Students of Diversity
Horazdovsky, Bruce F. Ph.D.
This summer research program at Mayo Clinic provides exciting research opportunities for undergraduate and medical students who are from underrepresented and disadvantaged backgrounds or who are disabled.
The faculty team positively influences underrepresented students toward research careers by providing them with a glimpse of the excitement and rewards associated with research.
The primary activity is participation in an intense eight to 10 weeks of mentored laboratory or clinical research, especially in the fields of cardiovascular, pulmonary and hematological diseases.
A series of carefully designed, organized activities gives a broader perspective than any single research mentor can provide.
How to apply
Apply to the Mayo Clinic Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship (SURF).
Apply to the Mayo Clinic Summer Research Fellowship (SRF).
- Balls-Berry, Joyce (Joy) E. Ph.D.
- Conover, Cheryl A. Ph.D.
- Farrugia, Gianrico M.D.
- Ikeda, Yasuhiro D.V.M., Ph.D.
- Isaya, Grazia M.D., Ph.D.
- Johnson, Bruce D. Ph.D.
- Joyner, Michael J. M.D.
- Katusic, Zvonimir S. M.D., Ph.D.
- Kullo, Iftikhar J. M.D.
- Kumar, Shaji M.D.
- Lerman, Lilach O. M.D., Ph.D.
- Lerman, Amir M.D.
- Lopez-Jimenez, Francisco M.D.
- Mantilla, Carlos B. M.D., Ph.D.
- Melduni, Rowlens M. M.D., M.P.H.
- Misra, Sanjay M.D.
- Pabelick, Christina M. M.D.
- Prakash, Y. (Y S) S. M.D., Ph.D.
- Radecki Breitkopf, Carmen Ph.D.
- Rodriguez-Porcel, Martin G. M.D.
- Somers, Virend M.D., Ph.D.
- Villarraga, Hector R. M.D.
- Weinshilboum, Richard M.D.