My research interests are focused on the mechanisms, diagnosis and treatment of all forms of pulmonary hypertension; particularly pulmonary arterial hypertension and pulmonary venous hypertension secondary to heart failure with preserved ejection fraction.
Recent and ongoing research projects have focused on evaluating the role of integration of established and novel biomarkers in risk prediction for patients with pulmonary hypertension; with a particular focus on assessing right ventricular function.
A complementary research focus is in hemodynamic rest and stress echocardiography in pulmonary hypertension, heart failure with preserved ejection fraction and valve disorders.
See my publications
- Cardiovascular Diseases
- Associate Professor of Medicine
- Fellow - Advanced Training in Echocardiography and Nuclear Cardiology Cardiovascular Diseases Fellowship Program, Programs in Rochester, Mayo School of Graduate Medical Education, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine
- PhD School of Medicine and Medical Science, Dublin
- Fellow - National Institutes of Health Fellowship, Clinical Pharmacology Department of Molecular Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics
- Resident Internal Medicine Residency Program, Programs in Rochester, Mayo School of Graduate Medical Education, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine
- Internship Departments of Medicine and Surgery, Mater Misericordiae Hospital, Dublin, Ireland
- MB BCh/BAO University College Dublin