The main areas of research interest for Amy K. Hara, M.D., are CT colonography (virtual colonoscopy, also known as CTC), CT enterography (CT of the small bowel), CT radiation dose, mobile imaging viewing and dual-energy CT. She was involved in a National Cancer Institute-funded multicenter study of CTC.
- Reducing CT radiation dose for abdominal CT
- Abdominal dual-energy CT for lesion characterization and assessing treatment response
- Providing mobile access of radiology images
Significance to patient care
Dr. Hara's research aims to reduce radiation doses and improve the detection of early treatment response.
- Chair, Education Exhibit Judging Committee, Radiological Society of North America
- Member, Abdominal Imaging Committee, American College of Radiology
See my publications
- Professor of Radiology
- Fellow - Abdominal Imaging Mallinckrodt Institute of Radiology, Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, Missouri
- Resident - Diagnostic Radiology Mayo Clinic in Rochester
- Resident - Clinical Investigator in Radiology Mayo Clinic in Rochester
- MD University of Missouri, Kansas City
- BA - Biology University of Missouri, Kansas City