As a facility established in late 2007, functions of the Zebrafish Facility have been phased in as rapidly as possible. The most critical functions were established first — housing and genotyping — with each new area actively being added to the facility's scientific repertoire.
Current facility functions
- Animal housing and care
- Embryo production for genetic knockdown, transgenic and chemical genetic testing
- Strain propagation, including genotype services
- Genetic strain cryopreservation
- Training in zebrafish strain propagation and microinjection
Anticipated future facility functions
- Transgenic animal generation
- Knockout generation
- Training in transgenic and knockout animal methods
Zebrafish strain housing services
For more information, please contact Tammy M. Greenwood, the facility manager, for pricing and more information.