The laboratory space is located in rooms 3-24 and 3-28 of the Stabile Building. The space includes facilities for "cold" chemistry, with 20 linear feet of chemistry fume hood space. The radiochemistry space includes two shielded fume hoods, a chemistry fume hood, a hot cell, a biological laboratory and a separate cell culture room. The laboratory is fully equipped for radiochemistry, radiopharmacology, molecular biology and tissue culture experiments.
Major equipment includes:
- Labconco FreeZone 2.5 liter freeze dryer.
- Buchi R-210 rotary evaporator.
- PerkinElmer Elan DRC II inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometer.
- Olympus CKX31 inverted tissue culture microscope.
- Ruskinn InVivo-2 300 hypoxia workstation.
- Thermo Scientific Forma Series II 3110 water-jacketed carbon dioxide incubator.
- NuAire 6-foot LabGard biosafety cabinet.
- PerkinElmer 2480 Wizard-2 gamma counter.
- Canberra HPGe high-resolution gamma spectrometer.
- Li-Cor Pearl Impulse small animal fluorescence imager.
- Leica RM 2165 rotary microtome.
- Nikon Ti-E imaging fluorescence microscope system for live cell imaging and tissue sections. This system includes Lumencor light engine design with six independent wavelengths from ultraviolet to near infrared and CellAsic Onix incubation system for live cell imaging.
- Sofie Biosystems Genisys 4 small animal positron emission tomography scanner.
- Revco Ultima II Freezer (minus 80 degrees Celsius).
- Thermo Scientific Sorvall ST 16R refrigerated centrifuge.
- Thermo Scientific Sorvall Legend Micro 21 refrigerated microcentrifuge.
- Home-built isolated organ perfusion system with positron detection.
- CEM Petwave remote microwave system.
- Agilent Cary 60 UV-Vis spectrophotometer.
- Shimadzu HPLC with Carroll & Ramsey Associates HPLC radioactivity detector.
- Bioscan Mini-Scan radio-TLC strip scanner.