See Dr. Whiteside's publications on PubMed
- Brown-Jacobsen, AM, Wallace, DP & Whiteside, SP (in press). Multi-method, Multi-informant Agreement and Positive Predictive Value in the Identification of Child Anxiety Disorders Using the SCAS and ADIS:C. Assessment.
- Coles, ME, Wolters, LH, Sochting, I, de Haan, E, Pietresa, AS & Whiteside, SP (in press). Development and initial validation of the Obsessive Belief Questionnaire-Child Version (OBQ-CV). Depression and Anxiety.
- Pietrefesa, AS, Schofield, CA, Whiteside, SP, Sochting, I & Coles, ME (2010). Obsessive beliefs in youth with OCD and their mothers. Journal of Cognitive Psychotherapy, 24, 187-197.
- Vande Voort, JL, Svecova, J & Whiteside, SP (2010). A retrospective examination of the similarity between clinical practice and manualized treatment for child anxiety disorders. Cognitive and Behavioral Practice, 17, 322-328.
- Whiteside, SP, Brown Jacobsen, A (2010). An uncontrolled examination of a 5-day intensive treatment for pediatric OCD. Behavior Therapy, 41, 414-422.
- Whiteside, SP (2009). Adapting the Sheehan Disability Scale to assess child and parent impairment related to childhood anxiety disorders. Journal of Clinical Child and Adolescent Psychology, 38, 721-730.
- Whiteside, SP, &Brown, AM, (2008). Exploring the utility of the Spence Children's Anxiety Scales parent- and child-report forms in a North American sample. Journal of Anxiety Disorders, 22, 1440-1446.
- Whiteside, SP, Brown, AM & Abramowitz, JS (2008). Five Day Intensive Treatment for Adolescent OCD: A Case Series. Journal of Anxiety Disorders, 22, 495-504.
- Brown, AM & Whiteside, SP (2008). Relations among Perceived Parental Rearing Behaviors, Attachment Style, and Worry in Anxious Children. Journal of Anxiety Disorders, 22, 263-272.
- Whiteside, SP, McCarthy, DM & Miller, JD (2007). An Examination of the factor structure of the Social Skills Rating System Parent Elementary Form. Assessment, 14, 246-254.
- Brown, A, Deacon, B, Abramowitz, J, Dammann, J & Whiteside, S (2007). Parents' Perceptions of Pharmacological and Cognitive-Behavioral Treatments for Childhood Anxiety Disorders. Behavior Research and Therapy, 45, 819-828.
- Whiteside, SP & Abramowitz, JS (2006). Relapse following successful intensive treatment of pediatric obsessive-compulsive disorder. Clinical Case studies, 5, 522-540.
- Larsen, K, Schwartz, SA, Whiteside, SP, Khandker, M, Moore, KM & Abramowitz, JS (2006). Thought control strategies used by parents reporting postpartum obsessions. Journal of Cognitive Psychotherapy, 20, 435-445.
- Sim, L, Whiteside, S, Dittner, C & Mellon, M (2006). The effectiveness of social skills training for school age children: Transition to the clinical setting. Journal of Child and Family Studies, 15, 408-417.
- Whiteside, SP, Port, JD, Deacon, BJ & Abramowitz, JS, (2006). A Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy Investigation of Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder and Anxiety. Psychiatry Research: Neuroimaging, 146, 137-147.
- Mellon, MW, Whiteside, SP & Friedrich, WN (2006). The Relevance of Fecal Soiling as an Indicator of Child Sexual Abuse: A Preliminary Analysis. Journal of Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics, 27, 25-32.
- Nelson, EA, Abramowitz, JS, Whiteside, SP & Deacon, BJ (2006). Scrupulosity in patients with obsessive compulsive disorder: Relationship to clinical and cognitive phenomenon. Anxiety Disorders, 20, 1071-1086.
- Whiteside, SP, Lynam, DR, Miller, JD & Reynolds, SK (2005). Validation of the UPPS Impulsivity Scale: A Four Factor Model of Impulsivity. European Journal of Personality, 19, 559-574.
- Whiteside, SP & Abramowitz, JS (2005). The expression of anger and its relationship to symptoms and cognitions in obsessive-compulsive disorder. Depression and Anxiety, 21, 106-111.
- Abramowitz, JS, Whiteside, SP, Deacon, BJ (2005). The effectiveness of treatment for pediatric obsessive-compulsive disorder: A meta-analysis. Behavior Therapy, 36, 55-63.
- Whiteside, SP, Port, J & Abramowitz, JS (2004). A meta-analysis of functional neuroimaging in obsessive-compulsive disorder. Psychiatry Research: Neuroimaging, 132, 69-79.
- Sim, LA, Sadowski, CM, Whiteside, SP, Wells, LA (2004). Family-based therapy for adolescents with anorexia nervosa. Mayo Clinic Proceedings, 79, 1305-8.
- Friedrich, WN, Whiteside, SP & Talley, NJ (2004). Non-coercive Sexual Contact with Similarly aged Individuals: What is the Impact? The Journal of Interpersonal Violence, 19, 1075-1084.
- Whiteside, SP & Abramowitz, JS (2004). Obsessive Compulsive symptoms and the expression of anger. Cognitive Research and Therapy, 28, 259-268.
- Abramowitz, JS, Whiteside, SP, Lynam, D & Kalsy, SA (2003). Is thought-action fusion specific to obsessive-compulsive disorder: A mediating role of negative affect. Behaviour Research and Therapy, 41, 1069-1079.
- Whiteside, SP & Lynam, DR (2003). Understanding the Role of Impulsivity in Alcohol Abuse: Application of the UPPS Impulsive Behavior Scale. Experimental and Clinical Psychopharmacology, 11, 210-217.
- Abramowitz, JS, Whiteside, S, Kalsy, SA & Tolin, DF (2003). Thought Control Strategies in Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder: A Replication and Extension. Behaviour Research and Therapy, 41, 529-540.
- Abramowitz, JS, Schwartz, SA & Whiteside, SP (2002). A Contemporary Conceptual Model of Hypochondriasis. Mayo Clinic Proceedings, 77, 1323-1330.
- Friedrich, WN, Whiteside, SP & Talley, NJ (2002). A research perspective on the compliant child victim. American Professional Society on the Abuse of Children Advisor, 14, 19-20.
- Whiteside, SP & Lynam, DR (2001). The Five Factor Model and impulsivity: Using a structural model of personality to understand impulsivity. Personality and Individual Differences, 30, 669-689.
- Stewart, TL, Whiteside, SP & Golding, JM (2000). The effectiveness of expert witnesses in civil trials involving repressed memories of sexual assault. American Journal of Forensic Psychology, 18, 27-62.
- Lynam, DR, Whiteside, S & Jones, S (1999). Self-reported psychopathy: A validation study. Journal of Personality Assessment, 73, 110-132.
- Abramowitz, JS, Deacon, BJ & Whiteside, SP Clinician's Handbook of Exposure Therapy for Anxiety. Guilford Press. Anticipated publication 2010.
- Whiteside, SP, Ollendick TH Developmental perspectives on anxiety classification. In McKay, D, Abramowitz, JS & Taylor, S (Eds.). Current perspectives on the anxiety disorders: Implications for DSM-V and beyond. New York: Springer Publishing Co; 2009. p. 303-25.
- Abramowitz, JS & Whiteside, SP (2008). Getting Started in Clinical Research: Developing a Productive Clinic-Based Laboratory. In McKay, D. (Ed.), Handbook of Research Methods in Abnormal and Clinical Psychology. Sage Publications.
- Seime, R, Clark, M & Whiteside, S (2003). Health Psychology Practice in Medical Settings. In Cohen, McChargue & Collins (Eds.) The Health Psychology Handbook: Practical Issues for the Behavioral Medicine Specialist. Sage Publishing, Inc.