Joseph D. Yao, M.D., has research interests in the development, quality control, and cost-effective utilization of serologic and molecular diagnostic tests.
- Development and cost-effective use of new and improved clinical diagnostic tests for hepatitis B, hepatitis C and HIV infection
Significance to patient care
Development of improved diagnostic tests for viral hepatitis and HIV infection will optimize the management and outcome of patients with these infections.
- Past Member, Document Development Committees, U.S. Clinical Laboratory Standards Institute
See my publications
- Laboratory Medicine and Pathology
- Associate Professor of Laboratory Medicine & Pathology
- Associate Professor of Medicine
- Assistant Professor of Microbiology
- Resident - Medical Microbiology University of Toronto Affiliated Hospitals
- Fellow - Infectious Diseases Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- Resident - Internal Medicine Mayo Graduate School of Medicine, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine
- Internship University of Manitoba Teaching Hospitals
- BSc - Medicine University of Manitoba
- MD University of Manitoba