Dr. Toby Weingarten's research interest includes clinical outcomes following anesthetic management for patients undergoing bariatric, urology, and general surgical procedures.
- Examining association between anesthetic management and Phase I recovery from anesthesia components including duration of recovery, postoperative nausea and vomiting, pulmonary complications, and pain control
- Examining risk factors for adverse outcomes following anesthetic management including kidney injury and pulmonary complications
Significance to patient care
There are many efficiencies to be gained in the perioperative management of patients that can decrease the duration of convalesce as well as improve patient satisfaction. Dr. Weingarten's research focuses on anesthetic factors that can help achieve these goals.
See my publications
- Associate Professor of Anesthesiology
- Fellow - Pain Medicine Mayo Graduate School of Medicine, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine
- Resident - Anesthesiology Mayo Graduate School of Medicine, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine
- Internship - Internal Medicine Mayo Graduate School of Medicine, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine
- MD Ohio State University College of Medicine
- BS - Biomedical Engineering, summa cum laude Case Western Reserve University