Zhen Wang, Ph.D., studies how current best medical evidence can be used to help patients, health care providers, policy makers and researchers make informed decisions about care and delivery of health services. Specifically, he is interested in evidence-based medicine, systematic review, meta-analysis and methods of improving systematic reviews.
- Evidence-based medicine
- Systematic review and meta-analysis
- Methodology of systematic review
Significance to patient care
With rapidly growing medical literature, patients are inundated with unmanageable and, sometimes, conflicting information. Making clinical decisions based on one or a few selective studies can be misleading and potentially dangerous. Dr. Wang's work identifies, appraises and synthesizes research evidence from medical literature and presents it in ways that are patient centered, transparent and accessible by patients.
- Grant reviewer, Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI), 2014
- Associate editor, BMC Health Services Research, 2013-present
- Member, AcademyHealth, 2013-present