I am interested in outcome based research following pelvic reconstructive and urinary incontinence surgery.
We are currently conducting randomized clinical trials comparing two types of urinary continence surgery at the time of abdominal repair of pelvic organ prolapse.
Additional ongoing research projects include:
- Retrospective cohort investigation on the long term success and predictors of patient satisfaction following urinary incontinence surgery.
- Consequence of sling release following urinary incontinence surgery complicated by incomplete bladder emptying.
- Complications of transvaginal mesh reinforced repair.
- Durability of xenograft (animal derived) and synthetic mesh repair in rat ventral hernia model.
- Efficacy and cost effectiveness of robotic compared to traditional hysterectomy and prolapse surgery (sacrocolpopexy).
My other interests include: epidemiology of urinary incontinence and prolapse; mesh materials in reconstructive pelvic surgery; vesical and rectovaginal fistula; and robotic surgery.