The research interests of Komandoor Srivathsan, M.D., include imaging in atrial fibrillation ablation and cardiac resynchronization therapy (CRT).
- Imaging techniques to guide atrial fibrillation ablation
- Programming choices to optimize CRT in nonresponders
Significance to patient care
Dr. Srivathsan is developing advanced techniques in atrial fibrillation ablation. His research includes advanced signal analysis and identification of regions of interest. This will limit the areas ablated with better clinical success and outcome. Concurrently, his and his colleagues are exploring alternative energy platforms to limit collateral damage.
In cardiac resynchronization, Dr. Srivathsan's main focus and research involves the placement of lead location that will achieve the best electrical synchrony. He and his collaborators utilize 12-lead ECG at the time of placement and measure parameters that equate to subsequent ultrasound-measured parameters.
See my publications
- Cardiovascular Diseases
- Assistant Professor of Medicine
- Fellow - Cardiology Mayo Clinic in Arizona
- Fellow - Cardiac Electrophysiology Mayo Clinic in Rochester
- Chief Resident Maricopa Medical Center, Maricopa Integrated Health System
- Resident - Internal Medicine Maricopa Medical Center, Maricopa Integrated Health System
- Resident - Internal Medicine Mayo Clinic in Arizona
- MB BS University of Madras