My primary research interests are focused on cancers of the genito-urinary tract (particularly prostate cancer) and breast cancer; and on the role of radiation therapy in the care of patients with these conditions.
These research efforts are devoted to clinical studies that are aimed at increasing the accuracy of radiotherapy delivery and integrating radiotherapy with other methods of cancer treatment to make the treatments more effective and less toxic. This is generally done by developing, conducting and analyzing clinical studies that involve great numbers of patients. Oftentimes, these studies are done in collaboration with researchers from other medical institutions across the country or in Canada.
In addition, I often work with basic science researchers in the laboratory to determine how their work translates into clinical care matters.
See my publications
- Radiation Oncology
- Professor of Radiation Oncology
- Resident - Radiation Oncology Mayo Clinic in Rochester
- Chief Resident - Internal Medicine Hennepin County Medical Center
- Resident - Internal Medicine Hennepin County Medical Center
- Internship - Categorical Internal Medicine Hennepin County Medical Center
- MD University of Minnesota Medical School
- BS - Microbiology and Cell Biology: June 1976
Cell Biology Research: 1975-1976
Clinical Laboratory Instructor: 1975-1976 College of Biological Sciences, University of Minnesota