The research interests of Scott H. Okuno, M.D., include the management of patients with bone and soft tissue sarcomas, as well as head and neck cancers. His research encourages a multidisciplinary approach with surgeons and radiation oncologists.
- Clinical trials for patients with soft tissue sarcoma
- Clinical trials for patients with bone sarcomas
- Clinical trials for patients with head and neck cancer
Significance to patient care
Dr. Okuno's research objective is to allow patients to have access to new promising drugs for their cancers. The hope is that these therapies will replace present therapies and be more effective and better tolerated, both in the short and long term. By working collaboratively with other colleagues here at Mayo Clinic and at other medical centers, Dr. Okuno gets to provide patients with the most effective and promising treatment options.
- Medical officer, Sarcoma Alliance for Research Through Collaboration (SARC), 2011-present
- Founding and active member, Midwest Sarcoma Trials Partnership, 2011-present
- Active member, Sarcoma Working Group, Radiation Therapy Oncology Group, 2010-present
See my publications
- Professor of Oncology
- Fellow - Hematology/Oncology Mayo Graduate School of Medicine, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine
- Internship/Residency - Internal Medicine Mayo Graduate School of Medicine, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine
- MD University of Illinois at Chicago
- BA - Chemistry St. Olaf College