Research interests are broadly defined by my role as Principal Co-Leader, Neuro-Oncology Program, Mayo Clinic Cancer Center (MCCC), and as Director, Mayo SPORE in Brain Cancer. This role as Principal Co-Leader includes authorship of Program-related grants (Training Grants, SPORE, CCSG component, etc.), recruitment and retention of new investigators, organization and enforcement of an organizational structure that insures and ensures the Program's success, and supervision of a governnance procedure.
I direct a multi-disciplinary, inter- and intra-institutional translational research effort in Primary CNS Lymphoma. This effort has been successful over the past 15 years in increasing the knowledge base for this tumor, leading multi-institutional clinical trials via the NCI-supported Cooperative Groups mechanism, and initiating a related cancer epidemiology theme. The current efforts are organized along the translational theme of molecular clues so that pathogenesis-based prevention and treatment efforts can be led by Mayo investigators.
See my publications
- Inter-Institutional Division of Neuro-Oncology
- Professor of Neurology
- Research Associate - Experimental Neuropathology University of Virginia School of Medicine
- Resident - Neurology University of Virginia Hospitals
- Fellow - Neuropathology National Hospital for Nervous Disorders
- Resident - Internal Medicine Emory University Hospital
- MD State University of New York - College of Medicine, Syracuse
- Internship New York State Department of Health
- BS Siena College