Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group
- Interleukin-12 for Plateau Phase Myeloma: I am the Principal Investigator for this phase 2 trial looking at clinical efficacy and immunomodulatory effects of Interleukin-12 in myeloma patients in the plateau phase. Clinical response is the main endpoint of the trial. Correlative laboratory studies include looking at changes in T cell repertoires and response to vaccines with and without IL-12.
- Dendritic Cell Therapy for Post-Transplant Multiple Myeloma and Amyloidosis: I am the Principal Investigator for this is a phase 2 trial looking at the efficacy dendritic cell-based idiotype vaccination as maintenance therapy after transplant for multiple myeloma and as primary therapy for amyloidosis.
- Randomized Phase I/II Trial of Dendritic Cell-Based Idiotype Vaccine with Adjuvant Immunostimulatory Doses of Interferon Gamma or Interleukin-2 for Indolent or Plateau Phase Multiple Myeloma: I am the Principal Investigator for this phase I/II trial looking at whether adjuvant cytokines enhance the efficacy of dendritic cell based idiotype vaccines for multiple myeloma.
- Immunostimulatory Doses of Interferon g or Interleukin-2 for Indolent or Plateau Phase Multiple Myeloma: I am the Principal Investigator for this trial, which complements the trials described above. It examines whether cytokine immunomodulation produces clinical responses in the absence of dendritic cell vaccination.
- Differential Analysis by RAP-PCR of mRNA Profiles of Malignant Versus Normal B-cells Derived from Human Bone Marrow: I am the Principal Investigator of this grant from the B-cell Malignancies Program (3/1/1999-3/1/2001), which is focused on finding novel genes that are either highly upregulated or down-regulated in myeloma cells compared to normal plasma cells using RAP-PCR techniques. We will focus future efforts on determining if the gene products are candidates for tumor vaccines.