Dr. Kantor is an Associate Professor of Medicine at College of Medicine, Mayo Clinic; and Consultant in the Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, Department of Internal Medicine at Mayo Clinic.
Her translational and interdisciplinary research lies at the interface of cardiac imaging and vascular biology of atherosclerosis. Her NIH-funded work is "Non-invasive Localization of Vulnerable Plaque."
In her laboratory, she applies novel imaging approaches such as dual-energy CT (DECT), microscopic-CT (micro-CT), and photon counting to small and large animal models of atherosclerosis and diabetes to study mechanisms underlying plaque progression.
Dr Kantor and her postdoctoral trainees have won numerous research awards. In her role as Director of the Scientific Review Panels, Dr Kantor oversees all CTSA administered awards at Mayo Clinic (CTSA; Center for Translational Science Activities). In this capacity she also serves as a Co-investigator on Mayo Clinic's recent CTSA renewal submission to the NIH.
See my publications
- Consultant, Division of Preventive Cardiology, Department of Cardiovascular Medicine
- Associate Professor of Medicine
- Clinical Fellowship - Advanced Invasive Adult Cardiology Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, Department of Internal Medicine
- Research Fellowship Center for Vascular Biology and Interventions, Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, Department of Internal Medicine
- Ph.D. - Clinical Medical Sciences, Dr. med. Heinrich-Heine Universitaet, Duesseldorf
- Fellow - Cardiovascular Evangelisches Krankenhaus Dinslaken and Marienhospital Wesel, Universitaet Dusseldorf
- Resident - Internal Medicine Evangelisches Krankenhaus Dinslaken and Marienhospital Wesel, Universitaet Dusseldorf
- Internship - "Arztin im Praktikum, AiP,"
First-Year Internal Medicine Evangelisches Krankenhaus, Universitaet Duesseldorf
- Clerkship - Surgery Toronto Western Hospital, University of Toronto
- Clerkship - Neurology National Institute for Nervous Diseases, Queen Square, London, UK
- Clerkship - Internal Medicine Rheinisch-Westfalische Technische Hochschule Aachen
- MD Rheinisch-Westfalische Technische Hochschule Aachen