Rebecca L. Johnson, M.D., conducts research in regional and obstetric anesthesia. She is an anesthesiologist with fellowship training in both regional anesthesia and clinical research. The long-term goals of Dr. Johnson’s research efforts include using patient-centered approaches to standardize risk communication and informed consent for general and regional anesthesia.
To this end, as medical care becomes more complex and the costs of care alternatives receive increased national attention, patient-centered research may provide important evidence to guide patients in making autonomous decisions for their health care delivery.
- Risk communication and anesthesiology
- Development of decision aids to improve patient understanding of anesthesia options for surgery
- Quality improvement in anesthesiology
- Procedural skill assessment in anesthesiology
- Certificate in Clinical and Translational Science, 2011-2012
- Reviewer for the following publications: Anesthesia & Analgesia, Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine, and Mayo Clinic Proceedings