Michael B. Ishitani, M.D., conducts research focused on innovation in surgeon and resident education. Additionally, Dr. Ishitani has research interests in pediatric general surgery and transplant surgery.
- The development of continuing medical education (CME) modules for the American Society of Transplant Surgeons (ASTS).
- The development of pediatric surgery education modules for the American Physician Scientists Association (APSA).
- Pediatric general surgery clinical research projects in oncology, trauma and sports injuries
Significance to patient care
Dr. Ishitani conducts research with the goal of improving education of surgeons and residents.
- Co-chair, EDGE curriculum committee for development of fellowship testing, ASTS, 2016
- Chair, CME Committee, ASTS, 2010-2013