Blood pressure measurements. Currently working with 2 new BP measurement devices on their accuaracy and utility in clinical decision making. Interested in working towards cliical project CPI 10 grant to alter the way BP is routinely measured at Mayo Clinic.
Physician decision making. Research data base of over 9000 hypertnesives seen at Htn Division Mayo rochester. Have received this month a $100,000 grant for research in the next two years into factors that influence physician decision-making in Htn management.
Analysis of NHANES III database. The changing prevalence of arm circumference and its impact on BP cuff manufacture and clinical utility. Presenter at NHLBI/AHA one day guidelines meeting on improvement of BP measurement.
Ambulatory BP monitoring in Htn. Protocol looking at utility of nocturnal BP in diagnosis of patient with sleep apnea.
Obesity/Htn. Initial project looked at ALLHAT study (largest BP study ever) and the impact of obesity on ability to reach goal blood pressure. Second project will be to anaylze impact of individual antihyeprtensives nd their efficacy in obese Vs non-obese subjects.
See my publications
- Associate Professor of Medicine
- Fellow - Hypertension and Nephrology Cleveland Clinic Foundation
- Resident - Internal Medicine Cleveland Clinic Foundation
- Internship University of Nebraska Medical Center, University of Nebraska, Omaha
- MD University of Nebraska College of Medicine
- BS University of Nebraska, Lincoln
- Other Michigan State University