My major interests are in the natural history and therapy of acute and chronic coronary disease, the cardiomyopathies, and clinical electrophysiology with particular emphasis on atrial fibrillation and syncope. In regard to interdisciplinary research efforts, my interest ia as a co-investigator in the BARI Trial interdigitates with endocrinology; I am involved in the development of a functional genomics program in the field of atrial fibrillation and hypertrophic cardiomyopathy.
Other research efforts focus on national databases such as the Cooperative Cardiovascular care/Medicare Database, The National Registry of Myocardial Infarction, etc.
See my publications
- Cardiovascular Diseases
- Professor of Medicine
- Other - D.Phil. Thesis: Ventricular Function and Hemodynamics in the Dog During Anesthesia Trinity College, University of Oxford
- Fellow - Research Fellow, Department of Cardiac Surgery National Heart Hospital, London
- Internship - Surgery/ Medicine Groote Schuur Hospital, University of Cape Town
- MB ChB University of Cape Town
- Other - J.M.B. Matriculation Hilton College