- Acute lung injury
- Acute respiratory failure
- High frequency oscillatory mechanical ventilation
- Homeland security and medical preparedness
- Critical care patient transport
- Patient safety
- Medical simulation as an educational assessment tool
- Medical simulation for patient safety assessment
Research Activities at Mayo Clinic:
- Funding authority, NIH. Biodefense Regional Center of Excellence, Assistant Director for Educational Programs Development. Principal Investigator, Gregory Poland, M.D. Multi-year grant to develop a biodefense center of excellence. Current Status--funded through 2007.
- Funding Authority, Mayo Clinic Foundation. Principal Investigator, J. C. Farmer, M.D. The Stability and Workload Index for Transfer (SWIFT) Score. The development and initial validation of a numerical index to assess patient suitability for the transfer of care from a critical care unit to a general care services environment. Current Status--funded through 2006.
- Funding Authority, Robert Wood Johnson Foundation. Principle Investigator, Marcelline Harris, PhD. The Development of Failure to Rescue Metrics Utilizing an Administrative Database. Current Status--funded through 2007.
See my publications
- Professor of Medicine
- Fellow - Critical Care Medicine, PGY4-5 St. Louis University & St. Johns Mercy Medical Center
- Resident - Internal Medicine PGY1-3 Wilford Hall Medical Center, United States Air Force
- MD Texas A&M University School of Medicine
- BS - Biology Texas A&M University