Our research involves cardiac replacement therapy. Specifically, we study the physiology surrounding adaptation to cardiac transplantation, and focus on renal and neurohumoral mechanisms after heart transplantation or ventricular assist devices.
The Mayo Cardiac Transplant Program has performed almost 300 heart transplants, with a 94 percent survival rate. These patients represent the primary study population. The Clinical Research Center and the renal, echocardiography and cardiac catheterization laboratories allow for detailed human investigation.
See my publications
- Cardiovascular Diseases
- Professor of Medicine
- Fellow - Clinical Cardiology Fellow, Cardiovascular Diseases Mayo Clinic in Rochester
- Fellow - NIH Research Fellow, Cardiorenal Research Laboratory, Department of Physiology and Biophysics Mayo Clinic in Rochester
- Resident - Internal Medicine Mayo Graduate School of Medicine, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Department of Education Administration
- MD Mayo Medical School, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Department of Education Administration
- BS - Biology and Chemistry, Magna cum Laude, Highest Honors in Biology Macalester College