Aviation and Aerospace Safety and Altitude Physiology As Chief of the Aviation and Aerospace Medical Section, research efforts have focused on analysis of crash data in general aviation aircraft (particularly hot-air balloons), forensic pilot evaluations, and altitude physiology.
Environmental and Occupational Lung Diseases Research efforts have been concentrated in occupational asthma and acute toxic inhalations but also asbestos-related lung disease and other occupational pneumoconioses.
Medical Education Recent research efforts have been examining interactive multimedia patient education technologies.
See my publications
- Preventive Medicine
- Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine
- Associate Professor of Medicine
- Fellow - Pulmonary & Critical Care Medicine Mayo Medical School, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine
- MS - Preventive Medicine & Environmental Health University of Iowa
- Fellow - Preventive Medicine/Environmental Health/Occupational Medicine University of Iowa
- Resident - Internal Medicine University of Iowa
- MD Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine
- BS - Chemistry; Minor Journalism Pacific Lutheran University