I focus on the delivery of supportive care services to optimize the functionality and quality-of-life for patients with cancer in all disease stages.
My research goals are:
- Identifying novel strategies to protect critical elements of the lymphatic system during primary cancer treatments; and facilitating lymphatic healing in order to reduce risk of developing secondary lymphedema.
- Developing novel models for the delivery of supportive cancer care that overcome traditional logistic, geographic and cost barriers.
- Clarifying the physiologic mechanisms by which symptom burden, physical functioning and stress reciprocally interact in order to develop improved treatment approaches.
See my publications
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Associate Professor of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- MSCE - Biostatistics University of Pennsylvania
- Fellow - Pain and Palliative Care Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
- Academic Chief Resident - Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey
- Resident - Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey
- Internship - Internal Medicine New England Deaconess Hospital
- MD Harvard Medical School
- BA - Art History Swarthmore College