The clinical research of Christopher J. Arpey, M.D., has focused on patients with complicated skin cancers often requiring multidisciplinary care.
Dr. Arpey is also interested in:
- Skin cancer epidemiology, risk factors and reconstruction
- Immunosuppressed patients with melanoma and non-melanoma skin cancers
- Tissue effects of lasers on skin, especially fibroblasts
- Wound healing, skin substitutes and dressings
- Injectable agents for treating skin cancers
- Clinical and histopathologic effects of cutaneous filling agents on the skin
Significance to patient care
Dr. Arpey hopes his efforts help contribute to reducing skin cancer development and recurrences in susceptible populations. For those who require surgery, his aim is to minimize relapses and improve functional and esthetic outcomes and speed healing. Finally, he hopes to collaborate in the effort to reduce the burden of disease in patients with multiple or high-risk malignancies of the skin.