A Randomized, Double-Blinded, Sham-Controlled Trial of Repetitive Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation in Depressed Adolescents
Open for Enrollment
Why is this study being done?
Part 2 of the study aims to:
- Evaluate the benefit of daily, active, open-label rTMS in Part 1 non-responders.
- Evaluate the benefits of bi-weekly, active, open-label maintenance rTMS treatment for Part 1 responders over the course of 12 months post acute treatment.
- Evaluate, by proton magnetic resonance spectroscopy (1H-MRS) at 3 Tesla(3T), neurometabolic biomarkers at the beginning and end of each study phase.
- Define regional specificity [anterior cingulate (AC) and left dorsolateral prefrontal cortex (L-DLPFC)] of cerebral metabolites (i.e. glutamate and glutamine) in adolescent depression.
- Study whether specific neurochemical resonances are associated with response, remission, and/or maintenance of improvement of clinical depressive symptoms when rTMS is used to treat adolescent depression.
Who can I contact for additional information about this study?
Rochester: Lorelei Bandel 507-255-0760