Biosensing and Bioinstrumentation
Biosensing and bioinstrumentation researchers in the Mayo Clinic Department of Physiology and Biomedical Engineering develop novel tools and techniques to measure, interpret and respond to bioelectrical, biochemical and biomechanical signals.
Faculty members focused on biosensing and bioinstrumentation include:
- Samuel J. Asirvatham, M.D.
- Timothy R. DeGrado, Ph.D. — Molecular Imaging Laboratory
- Paul A. Friedman, M.D.
- Barry K. Gilbert, Ph.D. — Special Purpose Processor Development Group
- Clifton R. Haider, Ph.D. — Special Purpose Processor Development Group
- David R. Holmes III, Ph.D. — Biomedical Imaging Resource Core
- Kenton R. Kaufman, Ph.D. — Motion Analysis Laboratory
- Kendall H. Lee, M.D., Ph.D. — Neural Engineering Laboratory
- J. Luis Lujan, M.S., Ph.D.
- Aleksey Matveyenko, Ph.D. — Islet Regeneration Laboratory
- Debabrata (Dev) Mukhopadhyay, Ph.D. — Tumor Angiogenesis and Vascular Biology Laboratory
- Gurpreet S. Sandhu, M.D., Ph.D.
- Gregory A. Worrell, M.D., Ph.D. — Epilepsy and Neurophysiology Laboratory