Imaging Research Protocol Consultations
Every research study differs in its data requirements, endpoints and analyses. The Biomedical Imaging Resource Core is involved with many different types of studies, and provides expert consultation and training to investigators as they develop and refine their research protocols.
Investigators planning a study or writing a grant involving imaging are encouraged to work with the core to learn about the strengths and weaknesses of different image analysis methods; the unique imaging capabilities at Mayo; and how the core's services can contribute to the successful completion of the study.
Study design considerations
- Inclusion and exclusion criteria for imaging (animal or human)
- Image modality selection
- Image acquisition protocols
- Analytics to summarize the results
Image analysis considerations
- Techniques for segmentation
- Methods for registering multimodal or multiple time point data
- Tools for measurement
- Process work flow issues
Contact us about imaging protocol consultations and training