Expanding Access to Therapy for Childhood Anxiety Disorders Via Smart Phones - PILOT
Trial status: Open for Enrollment
Why is this study being done?
This research study aims to test the feasibility and effectiveness of using the Mayo Clinic Anxiety Coach smartphone app as an addition to traditional therapy for the treatment of anxiety disorders in youth, particularly those youth who may have limited access to mental health treatment in the traditional clinical setting.
Who is eligible to participate?
1. Age 7 to 17
2. Primary diagnosis of:
1. social phobia,
2. separation anxiety disorder,
3. panic disorder with and without agoraphobia,
4. specific phobia, or
5. obsessive compulsive disorder
3. A parent or other primary care giver available to participate with the child in all assessment and treatment activities
4. Estimated average intelligence
5. English speaking
1. History of and/or current diagnosis of:
3. bipolar disorder,
4. mental retardation,
5. oppositional defiant disorder,
7. selective mutism, or
8. major depressive disorder
2. Current suicidality or recent suicidal behavior
3. Parent to be involved in study who is unable to adequately participate due to intellectual or psychiatric difficulties
4. Starting or changing the dosage of a psychiatric medication in the last two months