Phase I/IIA: Dignity Therapy/Life Plan in Patients With Pancreatic Cancer
Trial status: Open for Enrollment
Why is this study being done?
This study will evaluate feasibility and acceptability of providing the Dignity Therapy/Life Plan intervention to newly-diagnosed pancreatic cancer patients presenting for initial chemotherapy in the outpatient medical oncology setting. Investigators hypothesize that providing dignity therapy to this population will be feasible.
Who is eligible to participate?
- Age >18
- Undergoing initial chemotherapy for pancreatic adenocarcinoma (within 3 months of diagnosis)
- Cognitively intact, per clinician judgment, as documented in electronic medical record (EMR)
- Currently receiving hospice or palliative care services
- Concurrent diagnosis of delirium or dementia, per medical record
- Diagnosis of major depression disorder, acute anxiety disorder or schizophrenia per medical record
- Participating in other psychosocial intervention research studies.