Ventricular Remodeling and Heart Failure After Myocardial Infarction: A Community Study
Trial status: Open for Enrollment
Why is this study being done?
To comprehensively characterize Left Ventricular (LV) remodeling after Myocardial Infarction (MI) in the community, study the association between patterns of remodeling and biological pathways and examine the association between the predictors of remodeling and heart failure after Myocardial Infarction.
Who is eligible to participate?
1. Hospitalized patients with a clinical diagnosis of Myocardial Infarction.
2. Residents of Olmsted, Dodge, Goodhue, Wabasha, Winona, Fillmore and Mower Counties.
3. Able to provide informed consent.
1. Previous clinical diagnosis of Myocardial Infarction
2. Previous diagnosis of Heart Failure and/or Cardiomyopathy
3. Diagnosis of Apical Ballooning Syndrome
4. Planned Coronary Artery Bypass Graft (CABG) during index hospitalization
5. Unable to provide informed consent