A Phase II Clinical Study of the Safety and Performance of the Treovance Stent-Graft With Navitel Delivery System for Patients With Infrarenal Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms
Trial status: Open for Enrollment
Why is this study being done?
This is a phase II, multi-center, non-blinded, non-randomized study of treatment with the Treovance Stent-Graft in subjects with abdominal aortic aneurysms. The study will include 150 subjects treated with the Treovance Stent-Graft at a maximum of 30 investigational sites. There will be no prospective control group. Subjects diagnosed with infrarenal abdominal aortic aneurysms enrolled in the trial will be treated with the Treovance Stent-Graft with Navitel Delivery System. Pre-procedure baseline data will be gathered, as well as post-procedure assessments prior to hospital discharge and 30 days, 6 months, and 12 months post-implantation. In addition, annual follow-up visits out to 5 years will be conducted.
The primary goal of this study is to gather safety and effectiveness data on the Treovance device. A maximum of 150 endovascular subjects will be required to fulfill the U.S. Phase II requirements. The data from this study will be submitted to the FDA and used to support approval in the U.S.
There are two primary objectives, efficacy and safety of the Treovance Stent-Graft in subjects with infrarenal aortic aneurysms:
- Primary Efficacy will be evaluated by successful aneurysm treatment 12 months post-implant
- Primary Safety will be assessed by composite major adverse event (MAE) rate at 30-days
Secondary objectives involve assessment of major device-related events and major morbidity.
Who is eligible to participate?
- Subject must be diagnosed with an infrarenal abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA), with or without iliac artery involvement
- Subject must have an infrarenal AAA that is > 4.5 cm in diameter for males, or > 4.0 cm in diameter for females, or has increased in diameter by 0.5 cm in the last 6 months
- Subject has a dissection in abdominal aorta, ruptured aneurysm, or symptomatic aneurysm (as determined by treating physician)
- Subject has had a prior AAA repair (endovascular or surgical)
- Subject is participating in another research study, has received investigational study drug within 30 days of planned procedure, or has received an investigational device within one year of planned procedure