Randomized, Double-Blind, Vehicle-Controlled, Multicenter Safety and Efficacy Study of a Single Intraprostatic Treatment of PRX302 for Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms (LUTS) Secondary to Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (The PLUS 1 Trial)
Trial status: Open for Enrollment
Why is this study being done?
The purpose of this study is to evaluate the safety and efficacy of a single treatment of PRX302 for the treatment of Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH) as compared to placebo.
Who is eligible to participate?
- Age ≥50 years
- Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms (LUTS) attributable to BPH for ≥6 months
- IPSS ≥15
- Maximum urine flow (Qmax) of 5 - 15 mL/sec
- Prostate volume of 30 - 100 mL as determined by TRUS
- Serum prostate-specific antigen (PSA) values <10 ng/mL
- Post-void residual (PVR) <= 200 mL
- Inability to void ≥125 mL urine
- Prior surgery/MIST for BPH
- Presence of or history of certain conditions that could interfere with study results or endanger subject
- Use of certain prescribed medications that could interfere with study results