AirTight: A Prospective Controlled Post-Approval Study of NeoMend ProGEL™ Pleural Air Leak Sealant in the Treatment of Visible Pleural Air Leaks After Standard Pleural Closure
Trial status: Open for Enrollment
Why is this study being done?
The purpose of this post approval study is to further characterize the safety profile of the ProGEL™ Pleural Air Leak Sealant in commercial use, with specific reference to long-term safety over 90 days of follow-up.
Who is eligible to participate?
- Scheduled for an open thoracotomy for lung resection
- Has at least one or more intraoperative visible air leak >= 2 mm following the lung resection surgery
- Pregnant or breast feeding
- History of an allergic reaction to Human Serum Albumin
- Has a significant clinical disease or condition
- Had previous open thoracotomy procedures
- Unable to participate in all necessary study activities due to physical or mental limitations