Cardiovascular Effects of Energy Drinks in Healthy Adults
Trial status: Open for Enrollment
Why is this study being done?
This study is being done to look at the cardiovascular response, if any, to intake of commercially available energy drink. We hypothesize that energy drink consumption compared to a control drink in healthy adults alters the cardiovascular hemodynamic system.
Who is eligible to participate?
- Adults 18 years of age and older
- Healthy subjects without known cardiovascular disease and thyroid disease
- Subjects who are on no medications (except oral contraceptive pill)
- No prior history of caffeine sensitivity or allergy
- Subjects with known cardiovascular and/or thyroid disease
- Subjects currently taking medications other than oral contraceptive pill
- Prior history of caffeine sensitivity or allergy